Recent posts on our website:
- Links to external websites about work to consider in agriculture,/farming, auto mechanic, carpentry, construction trades helpers, drywalling and plastering, early childhood education, electrician, food handling, food trucks and carts, painting, personal support worker, plumbing, roofing, sewing, truck driving and welding.
- Links to tips for employers, including a toolkit for recruiting and welcoming newcomers;
- Immigrant Access Fund – loans to cover licensing and training for tradespeople, skilled workers and professionals.
Visit our Facebook page for more
A forum for comments, advice, questions, and specific job opportunities. Tracking of the latest posts on this website.
On this site, private sponsors, volunteers, refugee newcomers, and professionals will find:
- Best practices, advice, and useful information to help plan and execute employment strategies;
- An overview of opportunities in various work sectors worth considering;
- Employment-related success stories that will inspire; and
- Background information on the refugee newcomer and private sponsorship communities.
Top posts on this site:
- When and what to talk about
- Cultural and religious sensitivities
- Elements of an employment strategy
- Defining “success”
- Preparing for “Month 13”
- English vs. work in the first year
- Syrian refugees in the GTA by category of support and local area of settlement
- Is a job in landscaping right for you?
- Dealing with unrealistic work expectations
- Role of an employment service
- Helping a newcomer select an employment service
- Number of private sponsors of Syrian refugees in the GTA
- Sponsor collaboration with an employment service – Dos and Don’ts
More content to come
This website is still under development, with much more content to come. As we continue to expand our coverage, we’re looking for feedback and invite your suggestions, corrections, and stories to share.