This FREE program at ACCES Employment provides you with language training and skills to help you get a job in the construction trades. No previous work experience in construction is required. This program is currently for newcomers to Canada.
- Language training for construction
- Canadian workplace culture
- Certification in WHMIS, and First Aid
- Opportunity to enroll in training on Forklift, Elevated Work Platform (EWP), and Health & Safety.
- At the end of this program you will receive support to enroll in additional training, register as an apprentice, or find a job in the construction trades
- Information on in-demand construction jobs
- Information about how to pursue an apprenticeship
- Help finding and keeping a construction job
- Resources for additional services you might need as a newcomer
The following individuals can partake in the program:
- Newcomers to Canada (PR holders and Convention Refugees) looking to enhance their language skills in order to gain entrance in the highly-in-demand construction sector.