Over the past 15 years the Retail Council of Canada has partnered with the City of Toronto to provide an exclusive Retail Job Fair for youth and adults seeking career and seasonal opportunities in the Retail Sector. In In 2017, over 500 job seekers were hired from our Spring and Fall retail events ranging from management to entry level opportunities.
On Thursday September, 13th 2018, there will be 20+ retailers with over 500 job opportunities. Please dress for success, bring 15+ copies of your resume and keep connected with your Job Developers and Employment Coaches from to prepare, prior to this job fair.
Pre-registration is requested – No walk-ins please.
This event is open exclusively to Toronto residents, please follow the process below to register.
Please Register for ONLY ONE of the Times Listed Below.
Job Fair Registration Information:
YOUTH (16-29) 10:00 a.m. – Noon:
Open only to youth supported in their job search by a Toronto Employment Agency or a Toronto Employment and Social Services Office/Employment Centre. (Please connect to your Job Developers/Coaches prior to registration and ensure you know the name of the agency and Job Developer/Coach supporting you as it is a requirement to register)
All Job Seekers Noon – 2:30 p.m:
Open to all job seekers 16 years and older pursuing opportunities in retail. Please arrive prior to 2:00 p.m. to ensure you are able to connect with employers of choice.
Need Help? If you are not currently receiving support with your job search and you would like help with your resume, interview preparation or anything employment related, please call 416-397-JOBS (5627) to get connected to a local Youth Employment Partnerships (YEP) agency or a City of Toronto Employment Centre.
Confirmed Employers for the 2018 Fall Retail Job Fair:
- Best Buy Canada LTD
- Saks Fifth Ave
- Old Navy
- The Body Shop
- Calvin Klein
- Hudson’s Bay
- Lindt & Sprüngli
- Michaels Canada
- Mister Safety Shoes Inc
- Mosaic of North America
- ADDITION ELLE
- RW & CO
- Sherwin Williams Paints
- The Children’s Place
- The Gap
- The Mobile Shop
- Canadian Tire
- Town Shoes
- Suzy’s Inc.
- Kitchen Stuff Plus
- The Source
Additional employers will be added weekly. Registered job seekers will receive several direct email updates that will include event day tips as well as current updates on Confirmed Employers, Types of Opportunities and Number of Roles starting August 15th 2018.Roles will range from part-time seasonal to full-time management and everything in-between.
Don’t Miss Out!
Please connect to your Job developers/Coaches with any questions about this event or call 416-397-JOBS (5627) to leave a brief message starting with your First/Last name and phone number. A representative will call you back within 2 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
My Job Developer/Coach at the Agency or Social Services Office that is supporting me in my job search told me that I am already registered for the Job Fair through them, do I also have to register through Eventbrite?
- No, you do not have to register again through Eventbrite. If you have been registered by a Job Developer/Coach at your Agency or Social Services Office, please make sure you bring the registration form or ensure you have the office Name and Job Developer/Coach’s information (Name, Email or Phone) prior to checking in to the job fair on the day of the event.
Do I have to bring my ID?
- You do not need your ID, however, if easily available, please bring your Eventbrite ticket to the event. If you have a Job Developer/Coach supporting you with your job search, please have that information available.
What are the age restrictions for this Job Fair?
- There is no age limit to attend this event from noon until 2:30 p.m., however, you must be between 16-29 years of age and currently be supported in your job search by a Community Employment Agency or a Toronto Employment and Social Services Office to attend the morning session. This event is intended to support residents of Toronto who are not in school, not working or consider themselves to be underemployed.
Can I print a resume on site?
- We encourage all job seekers to bring 15+ copies of your resume. You are able to print your resume on-site but there will be a cost associated through the Toronto Public Library.
I am a high school student, may I still attend this event?
- This event is not intended for high school students and we do not encourage youth to leave school to attend this job fair. Youth 16 and up that are no longer in school are welcome to register for the morning session if they are supported in their job search by a Community Employment Agency or a Toronto Employment and Social Services Office. If you are not being supported in your job search or you cannot make the morning session, you are welcome to register and arrive during the Noon-2:30 p.m. session.
How can I get prepared for this Job Fair?
- There are two great ways to prepare for this job fair, learn how to write a resume, gain interview skills and build an elevator speech. You can connect with a Community Employment Agency in your neighbourhood through Youth Employment Partnerships by calling 416-397-JOBS (5627). You can connect with a City of Toronto Employment Centre. Locations and Employment Centre hours can be found here: www.toronto.ca/youth.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Please connect with your Job Developer/Coach first with any questions prior to calling 416-392-0101. If you are calling, you will be asked to leave a message with your First and Last name and telephone number. A representative will call you back within two business days. Please ensure your voicemail is professional and that you check it daily.
Which retail employers are going to be there and what roles are they hiring for?
- The list above will be updated as we get closer to the event. Coaches and Job Developers are updated weekly with any new employers that are registering. Please connect to them first for any updates. An email will be sent to you a week before the event with all confirmed employers and roles.
Will every employer that has confirmed, be at the job fair?
- Although employers confirm and fully intend to participate, sometimes on rare occasions a representative is unavailable to attend on event day. We will do our best to continue to update the employer list leading up to the event and will connect you with an employer if they have to drop out at the last minute. Please connect back to your coach/job developer to learn more about the specific roles each employer is hiring for leading up to the event