Help us improve our website.
Please contribute, connect, or correct!
If you have had a great experience, found a great resource, or had a pitfall that should be avoided, please share it so that others can benefit.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions. You can reach us at [email protected].
We are still at a very early stage of development and are looking to substantially increase our content, by:
- Adding articles
- Under each topic on the site, we have listed articles that we plan to add. We welcome suggestions for other subjects you think we should be adding.
- We welcome contributions of articles that you may wish to write, as well as key points that we might incorporate into articles of our own.
- In particular, we would like to expand our Opportunities section, by adding sub-sections about employment sectors, such as:
- Vehicle Driving
- Sewing and garment making
- We are also looking for as many success stories as we can find, describing, for example:
- The route to finding good employment despite challenges such as lack of English language proficiency, lack of credentials, lack of Canadian experience, low levels of formal education, the need for childcare, health issues, and the need to reconcile personal or cultural expectations.
- The manner in which the network of a private sponsor or welcome group was able to provide employment opportunities or leads;
- The successful collaboration of private sponsor or welcome groups with employment services;
- Success of employment services in dealing with challenging newcomer scenarios;
- Female newcomers finding first-time employment;
- Opportunities found for youth who arrived in Canada with low English language proficiency; and
- Positive outcomes from bridge programs, such as the Construction Trades project.
- Adding external links
- We are looking for suggestions of links to relevant, interesting and useful stories that have appeared in the media.
- For our resources listings, we are looking for links to external websites that provide useful information, advice, tools, and other content related to employment of newcomers.
- Translating content
- We need help translating some of our content to make it accessible to newcomers themselves, whether in writing or through video.
- Expanding coverage beyond the GTA
- All of our internal resources are currently focused on content for the Greater Toronto area (GTA). However, we would be pleased to discuss partnerships with others to expand our geographic-specific content to other areas of Canada.
- Correcting errors
- As much as we have tried to verify all of the information that has been included in our website, some mistakes are bound to have slipped by. Please let us know what needs to be corrected,
Again, you can reach us at [email protected].