(BEMC) is a six-month, full-time program designed to prepare internationally trained media and communications professionals to secure meaningful career in Ontario in the fields of:
- Communications and Public Relations
- Broadcast Media
- Photography & Photojournalism
- Web and Graphic Design
- Marketing & Branding Communications
Internationally trained professionals (i.e., professionals who gained the majority of their training/education outside of Canada or the US) who have:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in media, communications, public relations, or related areas
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience outside of Canada in media, communications, public relations, or related areas
- Language proficiency of CLB 7 or equivalent in all domains (reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Legal immigration status (Canadian citizen, permanent resident, convention refugee, and refugee claimant with work permit)
North York office, online, and in placement host organizations. Participants who live more than 50km from the North York office will be able to join the program remotely.
ASAP. Applications are evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis. Classes start September 23, 2019.
There are two cohorts per year for BEMC, every Fall and Spring.