CPAC, in partnership with Ryerson University, Seneca College and Chartered Professional Accounts Ontario, provides a bridging program to help internationally trained accounting professionals gain the core competencies needed to start their accounting careers in Canada.
Courses and Services:
- Overview of Accounting in Canada
- Canadian Taxation
- QuickBooks 1 & 2
- Workplace Culture and Communication
- CPA Assessment (optional)
- Job Search Workshops
- One-on-One Employment Counseling
- Job Placement/Matching
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident status
- University degree in accounting or related fields
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in accounting
- CLB Level 7 or above
- Commitment to completing the program
- Program participants need to pay a tuition fee of $550, which constitutes less than 10% of the overall cost of the program. Internationally trained professionals with financial need, who apply for this program may qualify for a one-time bursary to cover the cost of tuition, books and equipment costs. See the description of the “Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program” in our post on this website on Training programs in various occupations.
- All other costs of the program are funded by the Government of Ontario
- All books and materials are included
- Participants who want to have their credentials assessed by CPA will be reimbursed for 50% ($75) of the assessment fee (150$).