Covid-19 update: This program is being delivered online.
Collège Boréal offers Bridging programs to newcomers to Canada.
French-speaking? Internationally trained? Underemployed or unemployed?
The Health System Navigator Bridging Program is a bilingual training program designed for French-speaking health professionals trained abroad. It facilitates integration into the Canadian job market and allows candidates to overcome the barriers they face in registering/obtaining certification and finding employment in a regulated profession. At the end of the training, participants will gain in-depth knowledge of Ontario’s health care system, the Canadian job market and the resources available in the community. Depending on their work experience, graduates will be able to fill various positions such as Program Manager, Care Coordinator, Health Services Planning Officer, Health Promotion Officer, Health System Navigator, etc.
Duration: 15 weeks + 2-month (280 hours) internship. The course must be completed by February 28, 2021.
Credentials: Attestation of Collegial Studies in Supply Chain and Logistics from Collège Boréal (AECD)
- In class (normally, but online until Covid-19 restrictions are lifted)
- By video conference
Code Titre du cours
SOC1002 Diversité humaine
ENG1002 Anglais langue de travail*
ENG1011 Professional Communication in English*
PSA1009 Exploration de carrières en santé
FRG1006 Leadership and Management*
FRN1001 Le système de santé en Ontario
GEN1056 Comprendre le jargon médical
INF1078 Logiciel Microsoft
FRN1002 Navigation du système de santé
FRN1003 Interventions communautaires
Pratique professionnelle en santé
Pemiers soins en santé mentale
FRN1007 La Relation D’aide en Gérontologie
FRN1004 Stage en milieu de travail
*These courses are taught in English
- must be a naturalized Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a convention refugee, protected person or refugee claimant eligible to work in Canada
- must not have previous Canadian work experience in the field
- must have a post-secondary degree from outside of Canada
- must have a minimum of 2 years related professional experience from outside of Canada
- must have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 7 in French AND level 5 in English.
- Ready to work in an area related to your field of expertise
- Ready to commit the time required to finish the program
- Tuition fees
$1 600 (bursary available)
- Other fees
$500 for books
> Toronto: 416.289.5130, ext. 7417
> Mississauga: 905.306.1562, ext. 7489