Through funding from the Government of Ontario, OSPE (Ontario Society of Professional Engineers) offers PE400 PPE: Exam Skills Prep Program to help International Engineering Graduates integrate into Ontario’s labour market and find a rewarding career.
This preparation program is a unique course designed specifically to support international engineering graduates who are preparing to write PEO’s Professional Practice Exam. By spreading over 30 hours of instruction across several weeks, we elevate the learning in order to establish a solid understanding of legal and ethical regulations critical to the PPE and to the engineering industry.
Passing the PPE is a requirement for licensure but being able to apply these concepts in the industry is a specialization for life. Our goal? To provide a foundation for success on the PPE and beyond.
The Benefits of Enrolment – Unrivalled Resources and Features
What’s in it for you?
- Over 30 hours of classroom instruction on the PPE
- Small class sizes led by highly knowledgeable instructors
- Materials including the course manual, law textbook & sample PPE questions and answers
- Networking with colleagues
- We give you time to engage with the material, learn the concepts and ask questions
- We build in writing exercises and classroom discussions so you can practice applying the concepts to questions on the exam – and to industry.
- It’s about more than preparing for the exam. It’s about elevating your profession
We prepare you for the PPE and your long-term professional needs:
- Learn how to understand complex PPE documents such as the Ontario Code of Ethics, Professional Misconduct, PEO’s Act and Regulation 941
- Knowledge of the Code of Ethics, ethical duties of engineers, regulation of the profession, product liability, professional misconduct, disciplinary procedures and more!
- Acquire knowledge about professional liability, the legal/ethical duties of engineers and more!
- Study the Canadian legal system to interpret tort and contract law
- Gain confidence on all PPE topics and apply your knowledge to achieve success on the exam and beyond
- Supporting you when you resubmit your Experience Record post-PPE – OSPE’s workshop “Preparing your PEO Experience Record” (over $200 value)
- Meeting you whenever you are in your career – 1-hour of personalized job coaching with career expert Paul Hill (over $200 value)
- Advanced notification about upcoming workshops and industry events
- 1-year OSPE membership with access to all exclusive member benefits
- Applicants must be international engineering graduates with an undergraduate degree from outside Canada.
- Applicants must be Canadian Citizens, permanent residents or convention refugees. International students and temporary foreign workers are not eligible for the program.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant engineering work experience (international or Canadian).
- Priority is given to applicants who have received a letter from Professional Engineers Ontario indicating eligibility to write the PPE.
- Applicants with a CLB (or equivalent) of 7 or higher will be given priority.
Step 1: Completion of the online application form.
Step 2: Applicants receive an email to provide supporting documentation which will be considered along with the application form.
Step 3: Once supporting documents are received, a 20-minute telephone conversation is booked with the applicant to discuss next steps.
You will receive payment instructions once you’ve been accepted into the program.