This free program, organized by CICS (Centre for Immigrant and Community Services) targets newcomers and many refugee newcomers have participated. However, this program is delivered in the Mandarin language.
The program provides support for exploring career options, enhancing life skills and employability, and making connections with job opportunities.
Customized activities enhance sector-specific employability skills in the following streams:
- Administrative support
- Restaurant and food services
- Home child care and post-natal support
Post-program/hiring support includes:
- Job search coaching and job referral
- Individual employment counseling
- Referrals to further services.
- Monday to Friday, 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Participants must be receiving Ontario Works, understand Mandarin Chinese, and commit to full participation.