Covid-19 update: This program is being continued through phone, email, and online.
Career Accelerator for Internationally Trained Health Professionals will enable highly skilled newcomers to devise a personalized career plan and then get meaningful Canadian experience in the health or social service sector that will maximize their career trajectory. The program features 12-week paid or non-paid work placement at an average of $20/hour. In order to qualify for the program, the participants must have a healthcare background and Canadian language benchmark of level seven or higher.
A range of activities is available to provide information and help newcomers develop skills, make informed decisions and foster connections that they need to seek employment or pursue career pathways..
These activities include:
- Assessment, Information and Referral Services
- Advanced Job Search Techniques
- Mock Interviews
- Resume Critique
- Job Fairs
- Networking Events
- Information Sessions on Employment Topics
HMC offers employment supports to newcomers and assists them in gaining knowledge and skills to better understand strategies, business perspectives, and next steps relating to the job search process.
JSW offers you:
- Thorough needs assessment by trained assessors
- Pre-employment workshops conducted in a computerized environment
- Specialists who understand the job search needs of newcomers
- Personalized action plans
- A supportive environment in which to learn about job search strategies and Canadian business perspectives
- 1-on-1 job search coaching
Where do I sign up?
Career Accelerator Program activities are available at all HMC locations. Sessions are delivered during the day, Monday to Friday, as well as in the evenings and Saturdays.
To learn more about the Career Accelerator program please contact