Coach Connect is a national employment readiness initiative offering a virtual/real-time, and self-directed skills development online training, coaching interventions and career support to assist IT/ICT Internationally Educated Professionals (IEPs) build a seamless path to employment and improve labour market integration outcomes for newcomers in the ICT sector.
The Coach Connect program is looking for IEPs who are permanent residents, with at least 2 years of work experience in the IT/ICT field and completed their post-secondary education outside of Canada
Benefits to IEPs
- Access to employment training and ICT network in any location in Canada
- A three-week online training on IT/ICT focused job search strategies, creating impressive resumes, interview preparation, Canadian workplace culture and communication and building professional social media presence
- Introduction to Agile and Scrum Master Certification preparation
- Customized training levels which includes coaching support with senior industry professionals and work placement for qualified participants
- Post-training job search support and assistance in getting their resume to relevant Canadian employers via ICTC’s network and e-Talent portal
If your business is looking for an ICT professional, this organization has qualified internationally-educated candidates who:
- Have recent business, networking and volunteer experience in Canada
- Have been rigorously screened and selected for the program based on employment-readiness and have completed a highly intensive training program
As a participating employer, you will have the first opportunity to review their resumes and interview them. If you find a match, you can hire them as employees on your team.
The Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC) is a not-for-profit national center of expertise for the digital economy. Through trusted research, innovative talent solutions, and practical policy advice, ICTC fosters innovative and globally competitive Canadian industries empowered by a talented and diverse digital workforce.
Coach Connect Program provides employment preparation training to newcomer IT/ICT professionals seeking to continue their career in Canada. The program is located at Seneca Employment Services Scarborough office at 3660 Midland Avenue, 2nd Floor. The program features 3 weeks of full-time training plus 3 months of coaching – where each participant is uniquely matched with a coach to assist them in securing ICT employment! Program graduates have had amazing results – Over 85% of graduates have landed jobs, with average salaries starting at $50,000.
Newcomer IT/ICT professionals who attend the program get the following benefits:
- Insight into the ICT Sector in Canada
- Increased understanding of Canadian workplace culture and communication
- Build their professional network
- Customized resume and job interview preparation for the Canadian job market
- Personalized support from experienced staff
- Connection with employers and recruiters through guest speaker events
- Matched with a coach for 3 months
- Bonus – SCRUM Fundamentals certification
The program is open to internationally educated and experienced IT/ICT professionals who:
- have lived in Canada for less than 5 years
- have Permanent Resident or Convention Refugee status and are eligible to work in Canada
- have a Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment: CLB 7-8
- have international post-secondary education and minimum of 2 years recent and relevant work
experience in the IT/ICT field
- are available for 3 weeks of full-time training in Toronto