Covid-19 update: Due to the precautions from Toronto Public Health and the Province regarding COVID19 and social distancing, the current Connections class will restart on a date to be determined.
To help newcomers and immigrants find work, St. Stephen’s Community House offers the Connections program.
Connections program lasts 18 weeks and is designed for people who are on social assistance and have immigrated to Canada.
The program can help you:
- upgrade your business communication skills
- learn popular office computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- become certified in Customer Service Excellence
- build job skills and gain Canadian work reference through a six-week co-op placement
- receive continued support and professional guidance by one of our Job Developers and Job Coaches after finishing the course
You may be eligible if you are:
- an immigrant to Canada or a refugee claimant with a valid work permit for one year
- currently receiving assistance from Ontario Works (Important)
- speak English as a Second Language at an intermediate level (level 6 or higher)
St. Stephen’s Community House is a five-minute walk from the St. Clair West subway station.