Join this program, organized by Good Food Brampton, a division of Catholic Family Services Peel Dufferin, and receive FREE culinary & employability skills training to help you find a job in the food sector! The program is facilitated by a certified chef in a commercial kitchen facility in Brampton.
This program is offered continuously (4 cycles/ year).
During the 16-week program (12 weeks of courses, followed by a 4-week placement,) you will receive:
- Free training and help securing a work placement
- Assistance with transportation and free childminding (although childminding is not guaranteed. Spots are limited, and are available based on first come, first serve basis)
- Uniforms and safety shoes
- Food Handler & Smart Serve Training/ Certification and
- Referrals to settlement services and other community resources
- New to Canada
- 18 years or older
- Living in Brampton, Mississauga or Caledon
- Currently unemployed
- Interested in working in the culinary sector
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Spots are limited so register as early as possible. However, every participant must go through an intake process, prior to acceptance and the start of the program, to ensure both eligibility and that this program is a good fit for the applicant.
For more information please call 905-450-1608 ext 141.