Cybersecurity is one of the fastest growing segments in IT. This training course for immigrants with technical knowledge will prepare you for a SOC Cybersecurity Analyst job.
This six-week program includes six in-person classes at JVS Toronto
Seven online classes including:
- Current cyber threats
- Security Terminology and Tools
- Fundamentals of TCP/IP networking
- Basics of Network Defense and Countermeasures, Firewalls, Intrusion detection systems (IPS/IDS)
- Security in Operating Systems and Cloud
- Endpoint security and scripting
- Security Policy Design and Implementation
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP)
- Hands-on labs with installation and configuration of cybersecurity tools and platforms
Open to Permanent Residents of Ontario. Experience with installing and configuring Windows and Linux OS systems. Familiar with Networking concepts such as LAN, WAN, Internet and OSI mode.
Generally, a minimum CLB 6 level of English proficiency is required, but each applicant will be assessed as his or her application is considered.