Covid-19 update: This program will be delivered online.
Cybersecurity for IT Professionals Program s a program offered by JVS Toronto for internationally-trained professionals, who have the technical knowledge, in order to prepare them for a SOC Cybersecurity Analyst job.
This six-week program includes two in-person classes at JVS Toronto and online classes including:
- Current cyber threats
- Security Terminology and Tools
- Fundamentals of TCP/IP networking
- Basics of Network Defense and Countermeasures, Firewalls, Intrusion detection systems (IPS/IDS)
- Security in Operating Systems and Cloud
- Endpoint security and scripting
- Security Policy Design and Implementation
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP)
- Hands-on labs with installation and configuration of cybersecurity tools and platforms
- Open to Permanent Residents and Convention Refugees.
- Must have experience with installing and configuring Windows and Linux OS systems and be familiar with networking concepts such as LAN, WAN, Internet and OSI model.
- The minimum CLB 4 level of English proficiency is required.
Contact [email protected] or 416-649-1700 for more info.