THE DIGITAL CUSTOMER CARE PROGRAM IS BEING DISCONTINUED AND APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED.
NPower Canada launches youth into meaningful careers by providing free technical and professional training, paid internships, job placement and post-hire support. NPower Canada currently offers three different training streams in four locations in downtown Toronto, York Region, and Peel Region.
This program is not exclusively for newcomers, but they are encouraged, as the program targets youth experiencing barriers to pursuing post-secondary education and securing sustainable employment.
Learn the fundamentals of
- Scheduling Basics (Outlook & Gmail)
- Typing Skills
- Call Transcription
- Intro to Support Software
- Introduction to ticketing systems
- Knowledge Management and Knowledge Bases
- Service Level Agreements
- Data Entry
- MS Excel
Participants prove their knowledge to employers by earning an industry-recognized certification, Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
Prepare for fast-paced, results-focused roles through training in
- Omni-Channel customer service through online, chat, SMS, etc.
- Customer service
- Inbound/outbound sales techniques
- Active listening
- Analytical skills
- Effective communication
- Solution-focused service
Learn and practice professionalism in the workplace by
- Identifying skills, interests and accomplishments
- Creating a targeted resume
- Practicing interview and networking skills
- Learning about personal branding & social media
- Delivering effective presentations
- Strengthening business writing
- Practicing teamwork and conflict resolution
Develop life skills and techniques for
- Stress management
- Coping strategies
- Workplace relationships
- Time management
- Goal setting
- Having a growth mindset
- Maintaining a positive attitude
- Work-life balance
Digital Customer Care Program Phases
During the one-week bootcamp participants take part in Digital Customer Care career exploration, life skills, team building and professional skills to determine if the NPower Canada program is a good fit.
Professional Skills Training
9 weeks of intensive digital customer care professional skills training to prepare participants for success in their careers.
Following in-class training, participants are connected to job opportunities with NPower Canada partners and receive at least 5-years of post-hire coaching, mentorship, networking and job placement support.
To be eligible, young adults must:
- Be between 18 to 29 years of age
- Have completed high school, or GED
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be motivated to work
- Be legally able to work in Canada; have a work permit
- Have strong English language proficiency (e.g. CLB Level 7/8)