The Dishwasher/Kitchen Porter program is organized by Hospitality Workers Training Centre. Kitchen Porters represent the highest standard of excellence in kitchen cleanliness and organization. The course is 4 weeks and delivered during the days, evenings and weekends. Practical training is delivered at Hawthorne Food & Drink, and includes a 1 week placement in a hotel kitchen.
- 3-weeks hands-on and 1-week unpaid placement
- Gain Food Handler’s and WHMIS Certifications
- Connection with potential employers
- Support with resume writing and interview preparation
- New immigrants and refugees who are residents of Ontario, eligible to work in the province, 18+ years of age, and looking for work.
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends.
- Clean, with good hygiene habits. Detail-oriented.
- Multi-tasks efficiently, Organized, accurate and reliable.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Able to stand for long periods (8 hours).
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Complete our online application or Join us for an information session held every week on Tuesdays: 10:30 am