DUE TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, THIS PROGRAM, SCHEDULE TO BEGIN ON MARCH 27, WAS POSTPONED OR CANCELLED. WE SHALL UPDATE AS SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES ARE EASED AND NORMAL PROGRAMMING RESUMES.
Advanced Communication for the Canadian Workplace is an intensive five-week enhanced language training program to raise English proficiency and find work in your field. Employment and job placement support provided by Skills for Change.
If you are an internationally educated professional and find that your level of English proficiency is preventing you from holding a position that matches your experience or occupation, specific language training can help you to get to the next level.
Improve your English in just 5 weeks and focus your job search in your field!
- Listening, Speaking, Reading & Writing
- Sector-Specific Terminology
- Workplace Communication & Culture
For professionals in the fields of:
- Information Technology (IT)
Participants will benefit from:
- Enhance your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- Increase knowledge in sector-specific terminology
- Work on English grammar and pronunciation
- Learn about Canadian communication and workplace culture
- Develop targeted resumes, cover letters, and employment action plan
- Enhance cold calling, networking and interview skills
- Identify suitable job leads
- Connect with a mentor who can guide you in your job search process, help you build a network of professional contacts, and increase your communication proficiency in English
- Internationally Educated Professional, CLB level 6/7+
- Experience in Engineering/IT/Architecture field
- Permanent Resident or Convention Refugee of Canada
Care provided for newcomer children (18 months to 5 years of age).
TTC fares can be provided to participants, in case of need.
There is continuous intake, with workshops beginning every week (except for breaks in the second half of August and of December.)