This free program, organized by CICS (Centre for Immigrant and Community Services) targets newcomers and many refugee newcomers have participated. However, this program is delivered in the Mandarin language.
The program provides support for exploring career options, enhancing life skills and employability, and making connections with job opportunities.
In 7 weeks, we provide:
- Food Handler Certification Training for free. A certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the examination.
- Sector-focused skills in
- Restaurant & Food Services
- Sushi making/ Baking
- Cashier and Retail
- Administrative Support
- Customer Services
- Home-based Child Cares
- Information on Trades
- Auto Technician/ Welder
- Knowledge on Canadian workplace, employment-related legislation and job search skills
- Connections with employers!
Post-program/hiring support includes:
- Job search coaching and job referral
- Individual employment counselling
- Referrals to further services
- 7 Weeks, Monday to Friday, 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Participants must be receiving Ontario Works
- understand Mandarin Chinese and
- commit to full participation
Contact: Nicole Li at 416-292-7510 ext. 302 or per email at [email protected]