Covid-19 update: This program will be delivered online.
The Capability program is designed to help persons with disabilities in the GTA, whether verified or unverified, to enhance employability skills and job prospects. With extra help from JobStart’s Job Coaches and Job Developers, persons with disabilities can attend customized workshops to help prepare for their transition into the labour market. Participants are invited to attend 6 -8 weeks of pre-employment workshops, after which they will receive support to acquire a 12 week paid work placement.
The Capability program will provide enhanced employment services, including:
- One-on-one employment and job search assistance
- Participate in interview workshops, team building, & networking sessions with employers
- Free First Aid & CPR training and certification
- Enhance interview skills and increase self-confidence
- Ongoing monitoring and coaching support for job retention
Capability program eligibility requirements include:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Self-identify as having a disability (i.e. visual, hearing, physical, mental health, learning, visible, invisible, health, etc.)
- Unemployed or working less than 20 hours per week
- Ineligible for EI benefits or have not received EI in the past 3 years
You must have access to a computer and Internet.
Contact JobStart to speak with a Job Coach for the Capability program at 416-231-2295 ext. 4279. Please leave a message and JobStart will return your call.