This is a unique program, provided by COSTI, to assist individuals to find work related to their skills or professional backgrounds. Clients are given the opportunity to establish effective work search strategies while receiving ongoing support. This is an in-class pre-employment program that uses structured activities and a group support system. Participants are supported to identify mentorship, placement and employment opportunities.
This service is suitable for all newcomers in both regulated and non-regulated professions that are looking for employment. Employment Services for Individuals with International Experience are available in a two-week, or one-week intensive format. Please visit our Employment Resource Centre Workshops schedule for times and availability.
- Diversity and adapting to the Canadian workplace workshops
- Credential evaluation assistance
- Job search document development including resume, cover letters and interview follow up letters
- Effective and proven job search techniques
- Interview preparation
- One-to-one employment counselling
- Job placement and development assistance
- Staff at the Brampton location speak Arabic, Cantonese, English, Hebrew, Hindi, Polish, Punjabi, Spanish, and Urdu
- Staff at the Mississauga location speak Arabic, Assyrian, English, Hindi, Italian, Konkai, Marathi, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, and Urdu
- Staff at the Toronto Caledonia location speak Amharic, Arabic, Assyrian, English, French, Ga, German, Hebrew, Italian, Oromo, Polish, Sign Language, Spanish, and Twi
- Staff at the Vaughan location speak Arabic, Cantonese, English, Ga, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Punjabi, Romania, Spanish, Swahili, and Twi
Services are available to all unemployed or under-employed individuals with international experience who are legally eligible to work in Canada and looking for employment.