This is a sector-specific language program, provided by ACCES Employment, tailored to internationally-trained engineering professionals. The program supports you to enhance your knowledge of technical terminology and writing skills with a focus on the engineering sector. Participants also learn job search skills that support their entry into the engineering field, commensurate with their skills and education.
The program includes:
- Introduction to the Canadian workplace culture, specifically in the engineering field
- Introduction to the PEO licensing process
- Introduction to engineering Codes and Standards
- Working in engineering teams in the Canadian environment
- Technical report writing, and use of social media for job searching
- Support to enhance grammar and pronunciation
- Resume writing and interview preparation
- Access to mentoring and networking opportunities
- Support with job search and employer connections
Upon completion of the program, you will upgrade your official Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) and receive a certificate of completion. Following the six-week program, you will work one-on-one with an Employment Consultant and Job Developer who will support you in your job search.
- Post-secondary education in engineering from outside Canada
- Minimum one year of experience in the engineering field outside of Canada (within the last three years)
- Permanent resident, protected person, or convention refugee