This program has been postponed from a March 30, 2020 planned start date, due to the COVID-19 virus epidemic. The program may be rescheduled, once social distancing precautions are no longer deemed necessary.
ESL for Health Care Professionals is a free program provided by the Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB), for landed immigrants, convention refugees, refugee claimants and Canadian citizens pursuing a career in Health Care.
- Advanced level English language training (CLB 6-8)
- 10 weeks, 3 days a week, 9:30 am-2:30 pm
- On-going volunteer opportunity at Michael Garron Hospital
- Michael Garron Hospital Training Day
- CPR & First Aid Training
- Learn general medical terminology for health care professionals
- Read healthcare journal articles and literature
Learn how to:
- improve your bedside communication with patients
- describe medical instruments and procedures
- report, interview, and document
Time: Tuesday, March 24th, 2020 at 12:30 p.m.
Place: Gray Steele Conference Room (J wing, room 404, Michael Garron Hospital, 825 Coxwell Avenue, Toronto)
Registration and Start Date
Time: Monday, March 30 at 9:30 am
Place: Our Lady of Mount Carmel Adult Education Center, 270 Cherokee Blvd. M2H 1S9, 416-397-6959
Bring 2 IDs and Canandian Language Benchmark Assessment Level (Call YMCA, 416-925-5462).