This program has been postponed from an April, 2020 planned start date, due to the COVID-19 epidemic. The program may be re-scheduled, once social distancing precautions are no longer deemed necessary.
Financial Services Connections™ program, provided by ACCES Employment, provides internationally-trained financial services professionals with practical job search information and connections with employers in the financial sector. Participants learn how to integrate into the Canadian workplace and how to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients within the financial services industry.
- One-to-one support from an employment consultant who is knowledgeable about the sector
- Referrals to job openings and connections to employers
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Recruitment and networking events
- Business and workplace communication training in a Canadian context
- Orientation to the financial services sector in Canada
- Job search support and preparation
- Industry certification
- Continued coaching and support after you’re hired
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- At least one year of experience in the financial sector outside of Canada
- No relevant Canadian work experience
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, convention refugee, or refugee claimant
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Our graduates have been hired into the following roles:
- Account Manager
- Financial Services Representative
- Personal Banking Officer
- Insurance Advisor
- Customer Service Representative
- Banking Advisor
- Credit Analyst
- Audit Manager
- Financial Advisor
- Risk Analyst
- AML Analyst
- The fee for this program is $500. This fee offsets the academic portion of the program and may be eligible for full reimbursement through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program.
- All books and materials are included or available on-loan to participants at no additional cost
- All other costs related to the program and employment services are generously funded by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada. The fee represents a small proportion (approximately 10 percent) of the overall cost of the program
In order to apply, you are required to attend one of the program information sessions.