The Green Economy Bridging Program is offered by Ryerson University’s G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education for newcomer professionals interested in Sustainability Management, Canadian workplace communication, and job search preparation.
The “green economy”/sustainability sector is dynamically fast-growing. Organizations in all sectors (private, public, and voluntary) are realizing the importance of, and need for, integrating sustainability considerations into their decision-making, planning, and actions. Consequently, the demand for employees familiar with sustainability concepts and practices in Canada and around the world is both growing and forecasted to continue to grow over the next years.
The programs is designed for internationally educated professionals with a background in engineering, architecture, urban planning, environmental science, agriculture, and other related disciplines.
This intensive program consists of 12 weeks of in-class training in Sustainability Management and Canadian workplace culture. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will receive a Recognition of Course Completion. Program participants will also receive job search and community connections support.
The tuition fee for the programs is $463 and is subject to change. Financial assistance in the form of a bursary may be available for those that qualify. If you are currently receiving Ontario Works in Toronto, you may quality for financial support. Contact your caseworker to learn more.
Participants must complete the following courses:
- Exploring Leadership Skills (CDCE 400)
- Fundamentals of Sustainability Management I (CKSS 100)
- Fundamentals of Sustainability Management II (CKSS 101)
All applicants to the Green Economy Bridging Program must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or convention refugee of Ontario at the time of application and be eligible to work in Canada
- Be an internationally educated professional with a background in engineering, architecture, sustainability, environmental science, agriculture, or other related disciplines
- Have a baccalaureate degree equivalent to an Ontario university degree (i.e., an assessment of educational credentials made through a professional body or approved assessment agency in Ontario, such as World Education Services)
- Demonstrate English language proficiency at this level or higher: Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBPT) – Level 8; Ryerson Test of English Proficiency (RTEP) – B; ELTS of 6.5; or any other equivalent English language proficiency test score.
Course Delivery Format
This intensive program consists of 12 weeks of in-class training in sustainability management and Canadian workplace culture. Upon successful completion of the program participants will receive a Recognition of Completion. Program participants will also receive job search and community connections support.
- To arrange an interview please contact [email protected]
- To enrol in the program, register for courses, and apply for financial assistance, please contact [email protected]
For exact start dates, please visit the link given below.