The Hairstylist Pre-Apprenticeship Program is a free program at Studio 500, provided by Toronto District School Board (TDSB). It is designed for those who want to become licensed Hairstylists but have not achieved the required academic requirements (OSSD or equivalent) to register as an apprentice.
Studio 500 Pre-Apprenticeship program includes 18 weeks of academic upgrading, 14 weeks of thorough hands-on training followed by an 8-week salon field placement. It usually begins in the Spring, to be followed by the full Apprenticeship program that begins in September. The program fills up quickly and therefore, the application should be made as early as possible. This will ensure you obtain the education and skills necessary to launch your career as an Apprentice Hairstylist. Our classes are taught by experienced industry professionals in fully equipped and modern classrooms.
The 40-week program includes:
- In this program, qualified candidates can complete their GED
- In-depth training including in-class theory and hands-on practical training
- Our job development services ensure your placement in a reputable salon
- Upon completion, participants are eligible to apply for the Studio 500 Hairstylist
- Apprenticeship program in preparation for writing their certificate of qualification to
- Become a fully licensed Hairstylist
- Program participation is free to qualified applicants