This program was suspended due to the COVID-19 epidemic. The program may be re-scheduled, once social distancing precautions are no longer deemed necessary.
Enhanced Language Training helps internationally-trained newcomers improve their business English skills for the workplace and gain Canadian experience. This 14-week program includes an 8-week in-class training portion and the opportunity to obtain a 6-week work placement. Classes are taught by industry professionals and offer the opportunity to network, improve employability skills and use tools and equipment to facilitate learning. This program is provided by Toronto District School Board (TDSB).
Classes are held from 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. The program is followed by 12 weeks of job development support to help participants with job search and interview participation.
- Workplace communications skills
- Resume and job interview presentation
- Researching employment opportunities in the industry
- Information on current trends in health and wellness careers
- Information on designations for health and wellness professionals
- Terminologies used in health and wellness
- Unpaid work placement
- You are a Permanent Resident or Convention Refugee
- You have CLB level 6 or higher
- You have international experience, education or training in the selected program sector
- You are committed to a full-time 14-week program to find employment
Pre-screening for suitability is required.
Class location: 6464 Yonge St. (Room 24), North York, ON M2M 3X4