This program has been postponed from an April 27, 2020 planned start date, due to the COVID-19 epidemic. The program may be re-scheduled, once social distancing precautions are no longer deemed necessary.
The Healthcare Connections program, provided by ACCES Employment, helps internationally educated health care professionals (IEHPs) find alternative career options in Canada. For those individuals who have selected not to pursue licensure in their respective healthcare profession, or individuals looking for ways to stay connected to the healthcare industry while pursuing accreditation, Healthcare Connections will help identify new career opportunities.
This program is designed for IEHP’s who possess healthcare expertise that can be transferred to one of two alternative careers:
- Sales of Pharmaceuticals or Medical Supplies
- Clinical Administration
- Acquire the information necessary to transfer a specific healthcare skillset to one of two featured career options
- Develop Canadian workplace communication skills that pertain to the healthcare profession in Canada
- Develop a BioTalent Canada portfolio that will assist career planning by identifying transferable skills
- Receive ‘BioReady™’ recognition and gain access to ‘BioSkills Match’, a national database of BioReady talent
- Receive one-to-one employment support featuring job search strategies and employment placement
- Connect with mentors who are established professionals
- Connect with employers who are recruiting and hiring from ACCES Employment’s programs
- Ensure success by accessing post-hire support
- Internationally educated healthcare professionals with a minimum of one year of related work experience, obtained outside of Canada
- No previous Canadian work experience in the extended healthcare sector
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 8 or higher
- Permanent resident or convention refugee
- Able to commit to the six-week, full-time program
Healthcare Connections is free of charge. The program runs Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 4:00pm.