Covid-19 update: This program will be delivered online.
The Hospitality Skills Catalyst program, offered by ACCES Employment, is part of the national Destination Employment program. This program will prepare you for employment and set you on a career-building path in the hotel industry. This is a FREE, 4 week skills training program designed to help refugee and other newcomers.
As a participant, you will:
- Get an individualized personality portrait, called ALiGN, for career exploration;
- Earn industry-recognized certificates such as:
- emerit Workplace Essentials (WOE)
- Smart Serve
- Food Safety
- Service Excellence
- Network with regional and local employers;
- Receive support to find employment or placement opportunities within the Hospitality sector;
- Develop strong job-search skills.
To apply, you must be:
- A permanent Resident of Canada; or
- A Protected Person and/or Convention Refugee with Valid Work Permit.
Open to all newcomers – no previous hospitality experience is required.
Schedule and location
This is a full-time program: Monday to Friday 9.30 AM-3:30 PM. It is being delivered online.
Information sessions online
- Wednesday April 22, 2020 2:00 to 4:00pm REGISTER NOW>
- Thursday April 30, 2020 11:00am – 1:00pm REGISTER NOW>
- Tuesday May 5, 2020 2:00 to 4:00pm REGISTER NOW>
- Thursday May 14, 2020 11:00am – 1:00pm REGISTER NOW>
- Wednesday May 20, 2020 2:00 to 4:00pm REGISTER NOW>
Contact the ACCES Team for details on this free program:
- Beena De-Souza, Employment Consultant at [email protected] or (905) 454-2316 ext. 3813
- Manal Al-Khaled, Manager at: [email protected] or (905) 454-2316 ext. 3801.
About the Destination Employment program
Destination Employment is a multi-faceted national program, which provides newcomers to Canada with the support, services and training they require to find employment and gain Canadian workplace experience once they settle in Canada. It is also designed to support hoteliers with finding skilled workers as they face increasing labour shortages in the preliminary pilot markets of Ottawa, Greater Toronto Area, Kitchener-Waterloo, Windsor and Kingston.
Including Ontario, the Destination Employment program, funded by the Government of Canada, is being delivered in four other regions including Alberta, Atlantic Canada, Saskatchewan and the Yukon.