About this Event
The Rural Employment Initiative (REI) project is a partnership between the Ontario Association for Community Futures Development Corporation (OACFDC) and the Newcomer Center of Peel (NCP) funded by Ontario Trillium Foundation. The focus of the project is to connect talented internationally trained professionals with the employment opportunities in rural areas of Ontario. The REI aids newcomers in finding local jobs and residence in rural communities and as a result increases economic prosperity as a whole. Through creation of job opportunities the REI facilitates the movement of unemployed talented immigrants from the overburdened metropolitan GTA to the rural economies.
Date: Wed, 12 February 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
Location: Skills for Change, Employment Ontario West Office, 30 Weston Road, The Stockyards, Second Floor, Toronto, ON M6N 0A7, Canada
Who can participate?
- Unemployed internationally trained professionals seeking employment and who are willing to relocate to a new community in Ontario
- Skilled Permanent Residents who have a great desire to re-enter their professions, but have been forced to do unskilled jobs for a number of years
- Permanent Residents or Convention Refugees with CLB 6 or above
Benefits to skilled professionals?
- Get a job in your area of expertise
- Gain knowledge of life in Canada: laws, rights, responsibilities, skills and connections related to the Canadian work environment
- Explore the possibility of being a part of a smaller Canadian community
- Receive information and services/attain awareness of community and other resources to deal with settlement issues
- Get an interview opportunity