Information Technology (IT) Connections helps internationally-trained IT professionals pursue their careers in Canada. Participants learn Canadian IT-sector standards, terminology, and tips on how to enhance their job search. IT Connections was designed in close collaboration with key stakeholders – employers, professional associations and an academic institution.
- Effective job search strategies: market research techniques; resume development; interview skills; and, targeting your job search to companies that require your specific skills and experience
- Orientation to Canadian Workplace Culture and the expectations of employers in the sector
- Project Management for IT Professionals (PMP exam preparation)
- Agile Introduction and Methodology
- Guest speaking panels including volunteers from Accenture (program sponsor)
- Connections with IT employers
- Referrals to Speed Mentoring® and The Mentoring Partnership™
- Post-employment communication coaching, language coaching and document editing
- Permanent resident or convention refugee with a valid work permit (at least one year)
- Minimum of three years professional experience in the IT sector OUTSIDE of Canada
- Post-secondary education in the IT field from OUTSIDE Canada
- Good English communication skills (ideally Canadian Language Benchmark 8)
- Have not been away from the field for a period longer than two years.
Our graduates have been hired into the following roles:
- IT Service Director
- IT Project Manager
- Sr. System Analyst
- Sr. IT QA
- Software Engineer
- IT Project Coordinator/ Tech Lead
- IT Security Analyst
- Product Specialist (E-Commerce)
- IT Auditor
- IT Support Specialist
- IT Governance Analyst
- SAP Basis/DB2 Administrator
- Application System Analyst
- Sr. IT Controller and Auditor
- Web Developer
- The fee for this program is $500. This offsets a portion of the Ryerson University academic component. This program is eligible for full reimbursement through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program.
- All books and materials are included or available on-loan to participants at no additional cost.
- All other costs related to the program and employment services are generously funded by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada.