The International Midwifery Pre-registration Program (IMPP) is a 9-month bridging program that provides internationally educated midwives with the following:
- knowledge and skills assessment and enhancement
- orientation to midwifery practice in Ontario
- professional communication training
- NRP, ESW, and FHSL certification
- a 14–16 week clinical placement with competency assessment
- six-month accelerated stream for qualified entrants
- preparation for the mandatory Canadian Midwifery Registration Examination (CMRE)
The IMPP is intended for experienced internationally educated midwives who are fluent in English and have practiced midwifery within the past 10 years.
Note: The IMPP can only accept applications between February 4, 2020 to April 30, 2020. Before applying, please consult the website after February 4 for all current information about the IMPP 2020/21, including important dates, deadlines, program costs, policies, and admission requirements and processes before applying.
Please contact the IMPP at [email protected] to schedule an in-person or phone meeting to discuss your questions at any time of the year.
The program is funded by the Ontario government.