A bridge training program for international healthcare and educational professionals, provided by JVS Toronto.
Are you an internationally trained Doctor, Nurse, Teacher, Social Worker or Psychologist? Do you come from a related profession that requires a licence in Canada? Join an innovative alternative career training program and explore employment in the high demand field of Social Services for Geriatrics.
12-week Program Includes:
- 3 academic courses delivered by George Brown College
- Fundamentals of Gerontology
- Essentials of Counselling
- Principles of Social Services in Ontario
- Sector-specific workplace culture and communication training at JVS Toronto
- Job search coaching and support
- Mentoring opportunities
- Job orientation and shadowing, internships and work placements
- Employer information sessions and job connections
- English language proficiency of CLB 7 or higher. Enhanced language training is available to applicants, if needed, prior to starting the program
- Open to Permanent Residents, Canadian Citizens, and Convention Refugees with an open work permit.
- Anyone who is interested to join an information session to learn more and has any questions can contact JVS Toronto via phone or email
- JVS Toronto will contact all who are interested and schedule them in for information sessions and interviews beginning in February 2020
- Final decisions will be made by the end of April 2020
- The program will begin in May 2020. and is 12 weeks in duration
Contact JVS Toronto for fees and more information at (416) 649-1689 or at [email protected]