The IEEQB Program provides internationally educated engineers with an opportunity to meet the academic requirements for professional engineering licensure in Ontario. The program is offered in collaboration with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
An applicant must have received a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from an engineering program recognized by the Canadian Engineering Qualification Board (CEQB).
Before applying to the IEEQB program at Ryerson University, an applicant must first apply to PEO for a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) licence. If the applicant does not meet the academic requirements for a licence, the PEO will provide the option to write exams to demonstrate having the equivalent knowledge. The PEO’s confirmatory examination program letter can then be presented to Ryerson University for consideration and enrolment in the IEEQB Program. While there is no minimum CLB level stipulated, in terms of English proficiency, in order to have reached this stage, the applicant would likely be at a minimum of CLB 6.
- Fulfil the PEO’s academic requirements for licensure
- Receive an academic bridging education and career and social counselling
- Update your technical knowledge and learn the English terminology required for your engineering discipline
- Learn Canadian economic principles and engineering law and ethics
- Expand your social network with other engineering students