Covid-19 update: The scheduling of this program was interrupted in March, 2020. The program is expected to proceed, once social distancing precautions are no longer deemed necessary.
Are you a person on Ontario Works? Are you interested in gaining skills to work in food or horticulture services? En Route to Employment may be an opportunity for you!
The Introduction for Food and Horticulture Pre-Employment training is a 36-day intensive training that includes sessions on:
- food services and horticulture skills
- moving forward: re-entering the workforce
- wellness work etiquette
- diversity issues
- resume writing
- customer service skills
- conflict resolution
- interview skills
- asset mapping, goal setting
- first aid & CPR
- living on OW
- hands-on experience
- cultural competency
- and much more!
Training will be for 12 weeks.
- The program includes hands on placement as well as daily honorarium.
- You will receive a hearty lunch each day.
Only 10 spots are available for the training program.
In order to participate it is necessary to have a referral from your Ontario Works worker.