Mothercraft College of Early Childhood Education offers the “Introduction to Home Based Child Care” sessions to individuals interested in providing quality childcare in their own homes. Home childcare is a business that requires energy, patience, and, dedication. Sessions are offered onsite as well as at community agency locations.
There is no minimum English CLB requirement for this program, as it is tailored for each individual participant.
What is the Introduction to Home Based Child Care Certificate?
To receive a Certificate of Attendance, participants must attend all scheduled dates and provide proof of current Standard First Aid CPR Level C certification.
The sessions are designed to provide basic information to individuals who are interested in providing quality childcare in their own homes and in no way guarantees that the participant has achieved any level of child development knowledge usually determined through course examination. There is no admission requirement or assessment of participants, therefore Mothercraft cannot guarantee the level of understanding and knowledge acquired through attendance in the Program. It is recommended that individuals join a licensed Home Child Care Agency through which supervision and on-going professional development will support the delivery of quality childcare.
Why Choose the Mothercraft Introduction to Home Based Child Care Sessions?
Benefits of taking “Introduction to Home Based Child Care”:
- increase your level of professionalism and improve your communication skills
- gain a better understanding of child development and children’s needs
- share ideas in a supportive environment
- make social connections with other providers
- receive a Certificate of Attendance recognized by GTA Home Child Care agencies
- learn through interactive and practical exercises
The 24 hours of content delivery provide an introduction to:
- Professionalism in Home Child Care
- Child Development
- Positive guidance of young children
- Hands-on Activities
- Communication skills
- Health, Safety and Nutrition
- Regulations and managing a home childcare business
- Includes binder with essential resources for the home-based provider
- You will receive a Certificate of Attendance upon completion
*Registration fee is due in full before date of first class.
- Day Program – Thursdays (6 weeks)
- Dates: Thursday, Sept. 19, 26, Oct. 3, 10, 24, 31
- Time: 9:30 am to 2:00 pm (Lunch break from 11:30am – 12 noon)
- Location: Mothercraft College of Early Childhood Education at 646 St. Clair Avenue West, west of Bathurst
Information on scheduled ‘Standard First Aid, CPR Level C’ trainings will be provided so participants can independently arrange, if needed. Discount rate pre-negotiated.
NOTE: To receive a Certificate of Attendance, participants must attend all sessions and provide proof of
Standard First Aid CPR Level C certification. Any additional cost to complete the Standard First
Aid CPR Level C training is not included in the registration fee.
To learn more about the Mothercraft Introduction to Home Based Child Care sessions or to be placed on a waiting list, please contact the Mothercraft College of Early Childhood Education at 416-483-0511 or via e-mail at [email protected].