Covid-19 update: This program has been rescheduled to June 16, 2020, from the originally planned start date of April 26, 2020 and will be delivered online.
IPLAN – Immigrant Professionals Leveraging Architectural Knowledge for New Opportunities, a Bridge Training Program for International Architectural Professionals, allows you to build on your international education and work experience by gaining the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully integrate into the architectural workplace in Canada.
A Bridge Training Program about architectural practice in Ontario.
If you are an International Architecture Professional pursuing or working in an architectural career in Ontario, IPLAN PRACTICE is for you.
This eight-week bridge training program includes:
- A technical preparation course provided by Ryerson University
- Licensing information from the Ontario Association of Architects (OAA)*
- Targeted professional skills development provided by JVS Toronto
- Networking and mentoring
- Job search support
- Internships and employment opportunities
Program intake and assessment services include information sessions to introduce potential applicants to the program and provide guidance to candidates of the Broadly Experienced Foreign Architect (BEFA) Program who require assistance with employment placements.
For session start dates and to register, contact: (416) 649-1700 [email protected]
- Open to Permanent Residents, Canadian Citizens, or Convention Refugees
- High level of English-language proficiency (CLB 7/8). Enhanced language training is available to applicants, if needed, prior to starting the program
- Degree in architecture from a university outside Canada
- OAA Intern Architects who have registered to write the Examination for Architects in Canada (ExAC)