Humber offers a bridging program for internationally trained immigrants with education and experience in information technology, computer science or engineering (computer, electronics or electrical). Benefit from cutting-edge training in just 15 weeks that will help you gain industry-specific concepts and skills in topics, which may include: computer networking, information security, installation and configuration of the server(s) in a virtualized environment with an emphasis on the operating system(s).
Exact start and end dates of the Fall program should be confirmed.
This course is focused primarily on the installation, data storage, and compute functionality that is available within Windows Server 2016. The course is heavily oriented towards software-defined networks, hypervisors and nano servers. Students work with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 network infrastructure and explore, design and implement network administration tools such as name resolution, IP address, remote access solutions, local and server storage, network performance, Hyper-V Networking and security. Finally, students learn monitoring and troubleshooting techniques that are valuable for the maintenance of a network environment.
Our graduates have secured jobs as Systems Analysts, IT/Network Administrators, and Network Analysts within 6 months of graduation.
This program is open to internationally trained professionals who:
- Are residents of Ontario
- Are Permanent Residents, Convention Refugees or Canadian Citizens
- Have been in Canada for 5 years or less
- Have educational qualifications outside of Canada with a minimum equivalency to a Canadian degree or diploma in computer science or related
- Have previous work experience outside of Canada in information technology, computer science or engineering (computer, electronics or electrical)
- Possess a current Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment at a minimum Level 7/8 (Consider OSLT if you do not meet this requirement)
Internationally trained professionals with financial need, who apply for this program may qualify for a one-time bursary to cover the cost of tuition, books and equipment costs. See the description of the “Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program” in our post on this website on Training programs in various occupations.