The Job Search Workshops Program, provided by Job Skills, is designed especially for recent immigrants. These workshops will assist YOU to develop the skills needed, to find employment as quickly as possible!
This program is offered at the five Welcome Centre Immigrant Services in York Region.
- Canadian Workplace Culture and Employer Expectations
- Dealing with Culture Shock
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Developing Job Leads (Advertised and Unadvertised)
- Improving Job Interview Skills
- Identify your skills
- Develop a resume and cover letter
- Complete job applications
- Research local employers and the labour market
- Learn job search tips
- Prepare for job interviews
We provide job leads, on-going follow-up and support, free access to telephones, fax machines, photocopiers, computers with Internet access and networking opportunities.
Unemployed residents of York Region who are:
- Ready, willing and able to work
- Able to communicate in English
- Permanent residents, landed immigrants, convention refugees or live-in caregivers.
The Job Search Workshops Program in York Region is delivered by Job Skills and available at the five Welcome Centre Immigrant Services locations in York Region. For more information about Job Search Workshops, call 1-877-761-1155 or send an email to Welcome Centre Info.