NPower Canada launches youth into meaningful careers by providing free technical and professional training, paid internships, job placement and post hire support. NPower Canada currently offers three different training streams in four locations in downtown Toronto, York Region and Peel Region.
This program is not exclusively for newcomers, but they are encouraged, as the program targets youth experiencing barriers to pursuing post-secondary education and securing sustainable employment.
To be eligible, young adults must:
- Be between 18 to 29 years of age
- Have completed high school, or GED
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be motivated to work
- Be legally able to work in Canada; have a work permit
- Have strong English language proficiency (e.g. CLB Level 7/8)