The program, provided by ACCES Employment, supports internationally-trained professionals who have senior level experience and qualifications. Participants receive training on essential leadership skills, and build professional networks and connect with employers while working in a group of their peers. Leadership Connections supports participants with securing employment at a level that is consistent with their experience and background.
Labour market information clearly indicates a strong demand for senior-level talent in the financial services and information technology sectors. However, senior management positions are often the most difficult to fill, as employers require candidates with highly developed soft skills and proven experience with completing major projects. Industry groups have recommended that organizations should meet their talent needs by leveraging international talent that is available in the GTA.
- One-to-one support from an employment consultant who is knowledgeable about the sector
- Referrals to job openings and connections to employers
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Recruitment and networking events
- Academic training from a recognized educational institute
- Business and workplace communication training in a Canadian context
- Orientation to your sector in Canada
- Job search support and preparation
- Continued coaching and support after you’re hired
- Bachelor’s degree in business or program administration (MBA preferred)
- Minimum two years’ work experience in leadership or management related roles in the financial services, banking, I.T., or project management sector outside of Canada
- No relevant Canadian work experience
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, convention refugee, or refugee claimant
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Internationally trained professionals with financial need, who apply for this program may qualify for a one-time bursary to cover the cost of tuition, books and equipment costs. See the description of the “Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program” in our post on this website on Training programs in various occupations.