JobStart is excited to run Cohort 5 of the Manulife Empowering Women to Employment Program, an integrated, 2-week employment preparation program. Designed for newcomer refugee and immigrant women who are skilled but remain unemployed, participants will learn to put their goals into action, target their resume and job search to the job they want, learn about Canadian workplace culture, manage job search stress, and and learn how to connect and network with employers!
Program topics include:
- Factors to Consider when Choosing a Career in Canada
- Putting your Goals into Action
- Target your Resume to the Job you want
- Access the Hidden Job Market
- Canadian Workplace Culture
- Get Connected with Employers and Job Opportunities
- Key Steps for a Successful Interview
- Breaking through Inner Barriers and Managing Job Search Stress
- Learn How to Network with Employers
- Currently unemployed or under-employed, and not attending school
- Able to commit to completing the full duration of the 2-week program
- Identify as a woman, born outside of Canada (PR, Citizen, Refugee Claimant, Migrant worker, Temporary Foreign Worker – all are welcome!)
To schedule an assessment meeting, please call Justine Sterling, Program and Service Coordinator at (416) 231-2295 ext. 6246 or email: [email protected].