Covid-19 update: This program will be delivered online.
Ryerson University’s G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education is proud to offer a bridging program for middle-level managers with technical background. This unique learning opportunity has been designed for internationally educated professionals with project management experience and technical backgrounds such as engineering, science, environmental science, information technology, and other closely related disciplines.
This program consists of 225 hours of in-class training in project management, communication practices, Canadian workplace culture, and job search preparation.
Successful participants will receive the Certificate in Project Management for Technical Professionals from Ryerson University and will be prepared to write the Project Management Professional (PMP)® examination offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Program participants will also receive job search and community connections support.
This is a collaborative program between The Chang School, Skills for Change, and the Governments of Ontario and Canada.
The program requires the successful completion of six courses:
- Short Management Reports (CCMN 114)*
- Exploring Leadership Skills (CDCE 400)*
- Strategic Project Mgt (Tech Prof) (CKPM 123)*
- Planning and Scheduling (CKPM 203)
- Leadership in Project Management (CKPM 211)*
- Fundamentals of Project Management (CTEC 210) *
Program tuition fees apply. Please be aware that there are a limited number of awards and bursaries available for candidates registered in the MLM program. Please contact the MLM program assistant at [email protected] to learn more.
The application and intake process will consist of an orientation and information session, a comprehensive one-on-one interview, and a language assessment.
Participants who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and convention refugees are eligible for the program. During individual interviews, candidates will be assessed on their suitability for the program, including relevant project management experience, academic credentials, and prior work experience.
Qualified candidates will be given in-depth language assessments to determine whether their Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) levels are sufficient for entry into the program. Candidates requiring further preparation will be referred to the appropriate internal and external service providers.
If you are interested and eligible, please contact the program assistant at [email protected].
All applicants to the MLM bridging program must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or convention refugee of Ontario at the time of application and be eligible to work in Canada
- Be an internationally educated professional in a technical area
- Have a baccalaureate degree equivalent to an Ontario university degree (i.e., an assessment of educational credentials made through a professional body or approved assessment agency in Ontario, such as World Education Services)
- Have at least two years of previous work experience in project management
- Demonstrate English language proficiency at this level or higher:
- Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBPT) – Level 8;
- Ryerson Test of English Proficiency (RTEP) – B;
- IELTS of 6.5; or
- Any other equivalent English language proficiency test score.
Admission requirements are determined through a thorough intake process which ensures that participants receive all necessary information, orientation, and guidance in order to plan their learning paths and prepare preliminary action plans.
For exact start dates, please visit the link given below.