This free, four-week automotive skills training program, provided by ACCES Employment, is designed for newcomer and refugee youth ages 15-29 interested in pursuing a career in the automotive industry.
What will you learn?
The program will train you in various areas including: oil and filter change, electrical fundamentals, shop safety, installation of batteries and belts, and other key skills.
Benefits of the Program:
- Learn a skilled trade in a growing industry
- Acquire knowledge about the automotive sector
- Develop strong job search skills
- Network with employers
- Receive support to find full-time employment, placement or apprenticeship opportunities
- Newcomer youth – between the ages of 15 and 29
- Permanent resident, convention refugee, or refugee claimant
- Eligible to work in Canada
Full time program: Monday to Friday 9.30 AM-3 PM. Bus tickets and refreshments are provided.