A free online course for adult immigrants.
Networking is about making contacts, meeting people and building relationships that can lead to jobs. In this online course, you will practise your English and learn about how and where to network.
About the course:
- It is completely online. You will work from home, on your own computer. There will be an online teacher assisting you during the course.
- It is 8 weeks long. You will spend about 4 hours a week working on the course.
You are eligible if your immigration status is:
- Refugee claimant
- Convention refugee
- Permanent resident
- Canadian citizen
- Live-in Caregiver
How to register:
If you are eligible, you must have
- A computer, with access to the internet and an active email account
- The ability to work independently, on your own
- Time to work on the course at least 4 hours a week
- An assessment from the YMCA that show your English level is CLB5 or higher in all four skills.
NOTE: A language certificate will not be provided for this course.
Program flyer can be found at the following link – https://www.tcdsb.org/FORCOMMUNITY/AdultEducationESL/Documents/FreeNetworkingCourseOnlineFall2019.pdf
To register, email [email protected]