Covid-19 update: This program will be delivered online, if necessary.
Newcomer Entrepreneur Hub, organized by Skills for Change, focuses on the entrepreneurial spirit of newcomers and assists in breaking down the barriers to successfully obtaining employment and/or establishing a business and/or obtain employment. It is a pre-incubator for newcomers who want to turn their ideas into start-up businesses.
Newcomers will participate in a 10-week program which includes training on:
- sector-specific language communication;
- labour market information;
- cross-cultural communication;
- consumer markets;
- how to start a business;
- business taxes;
- financial assistance available for start-up businesses;
- developing a business plan;
- market analysis; and
- life skills training.
- Assistance with securing financial support;
- Free access to co-working space for 2 years;
- Access to accounting software for one year for your business;
- Free access to entrepreneurship books from the reference library;
- Free TTC tokens for commute;
- Assistance in securing low cost computers;
- Expert instruction and coaching support and mentorship;
- In-class and in-community learning (ex. pitch nights, guest speakers, off-site events, etc.)
- Permanent resident or convention refugee.
- English level CLB 4 or IELTS 4
There is no application deadline. Qualified applicants will be accepted on a first come, first served, basis, until all the spots have been taken.