Planning to make Toronto your new home? We offer a one-stop shop service for newcomers ages 13 and over. Toronto District School Board provides FREE settlement services for newcomer adults, youth, seniors and persons with disabilities. Services include extensive and valuable information, referrals, group workshops and one-on-one assistance on various settlement needs.
We can assist with:
- citizenship classes
- integrating into the educational system
- career information
- job search help (resume writing and interview skills preparation)
- information on legal aids
- social services
- finance & budgeting
- landlords & tenants’ rights
- workers’ rights
- skills upgrading workshops and
- translation and interpretation
Our youth specific programs include:
- afterschool supports (e.g. homework club)
- one-on-one academic tutoring
- youth-focused information sessions
- employment and volunteering opportunities and
- participation in recreational activities
- For your convenience, we also offer FREE on-site child care services.
Featured Workshops and Events
- One-on-One Resume Review & Job Coaching (by appointment only) – Every Tuesday | Get help with your job search.
- English Tea Conversation Circle for Newcomers – Every Thursday | Connect with peers, practice and improve your English skills.
- Canadian Citizenship Preparation Group Class + One-on-One Citizenship Preparation session (by appointment) – Every Friday