On The Line is a unique 12-Week Culinary program for youth between the ages of 15 and 30, where participants get paid to learn, access skills-building opportunities and employment readiness support. The Toronto District School Board (TDSB) offers this 12 week paid program approximately every 6 weeks of the year.
- 6 weeks of intensive kitchen training and pre-employment support to prepare individuals to start a career as line cooks
- Menu planning, knife skills & food prep training with a Chef Instructor
- Food Handler and WHMIS certifications
- Participants will get paid for 30h per week to attend the sessions
- One-on-one assistance with job search
- 6 weeks of paid work placement following the training
- Valuable work experience
- Ongoing support throughout your employment
- 15-30 years old at the time of intake
- Out of School
- Unemployed or working less than 20 hours per week
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant or Convention Refugee)
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
For registration contact [email protected].