Covid-19 update: This program had been scheduled for an April, 2020 planned start date. We shall continue to monitor the program to find out when it will next be offered, either online or in classroom.
Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers, provided by George Brown College.
Workplace Communication Skills for Entrepreneurship and Sales and Marketing: This practical and innovative course helps participants with training or experience in running a business or sales and marketing; understand business workplaces in Ontario; effectively interact with customers, colleagues, employees, suppliers, financial officers and government officials; develop strong interviewing, networking, socio-cultural and career-building communication skills; practise common on-the-job communication to improve your occupation-specific language skills; and, learn how to use appropriate workplace communication in a variety of business settings.
This practical and innovative course will help you:
- understand business workplaces in Ontario.
- interact effectively with customers, colleagues, employees, suppliers, financial officers and government officials.
- network and connect with local business associations, employers and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in a variety of business and workplace settings.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in business will help you:
- practice common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Entrepreneurship and Sales & Marketing is for you if:
- you have training or experience in running your own business or in sales and marketing.
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 6 to 8 ).
- you are a permanent resident of Canada or a protected person.