This program has been postponed from an April, 2020 planned start date, due to the COVID-19 epidemic. The program may be re-scheduled, once social distancing precautions are no longer deemed necessary.
Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers, provided by George Brown College.
Workplace Communication Skills for Entrepreneurship and Sales and Marketing: This practical and innovative course helps participants with training or experience in running a business or sales and marketing; understand business workplaces in Ontario; effectively interact with customers, colleagues, employees, suppliers, financial officers and government officials; develop strong interviewing, networking, socio-cultural and career-building communication skills; practise common on-the-job communication to improve your occupation-specific language skills; and, learn how to use appropriate workplace communication in a variety of business settings.
This practical and innovative course will help you:
- understand business workplaces in Ontario.
- interact effectively with customers, colleagues, employees, suppliers, financial officers and government officials.
- network and connect with local business associations, employers and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in a variety of business and workplace settings.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in business will help you:
- practice common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Entrepreneurship and Sales & Marketing is for you if:
- you have training or experience in running your own business or in sales and marketing.
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 6 to 8 ).
- you are a permanent resident of Canada or a protected person.