Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers, provided by George Brown College.
This course focuses on the language and socio-cultural communication requirements of professional managers at CLB 6 to 8. The course addresses the language and communication skills needed to gather and share information with staff, colleagues and upper levels of management; communicate in one-on-one interactions, in meetings and through email; manage challenging interactions with staff, colleagues and upper levels of management; give presentations appropriate for managers. Sector background knowledge and culture relevant to the workplace context in Ontario are explicitly addressed in communication practice tasks.
This practical and innovative course will help you:
- understand management within business and technology workplaces in Ontario.
- interact effectively with staff, colleagues, upper levels of management.
- network and connect with employers and employment resources.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in management will help you:
- practice common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Professional Managers is for you if:
- you have training or experience in a manager in business or technology environments.
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 7 to 8).
- you are a permanent resident of Canada or a protected person.