Occupation-Specific Language Training (OSLT) by Collège Boréal provides immigrants with the workplace culture and language skills to communicate effectively on the job in the sales and marketing field.
Participants must have reached “English as a Second Language – Level 6” to enroll in this program.
This practical and innovative course will help you:
- understand workplaces in health care, sales and marketing in Ontario;
- clearly and effectively interact with colleagues, clients, and supervisors;
- develop strong interviewing, networking, and career-building communication skills
Learn how to communicate well in the workplace through:
- English Language training geared to your occupation.
- Practical exercises based on actual workplace communications tasks.
- Career-planning assistance.
- Opportunities to connect with local employers, industries and resources.
This course is for you if you have training or experience in one of the following:
- self-employment, marketing, sales, accounting and finance
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 6 to 8)
- you are a permanent resident or protected person